There is a new class of technologies using existing PCs, tablets and apps on mobile phones to enable carers more efficiently to manage care. These offer carers the benefits of:
- Reduced load on a single carer by enabling shared responsibility
- Carer scheduling, including calendaring for example for hospital visits
- Shows contact details of all carers
- Visibility of all tasks requiring completion to ensure none are missed or duplicated
- More eyes and ears to spot problems, or deterioration suggesting the need to anticipate impending problems
This video describes the use of one app that delivers all the above benefits.
Examples of suppliers include: