The panel for this event on 22nd April in order of speaking was:
- Mary Hudson – Deputy Director for Digital First Primary Care, NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Mark Thomas – Transformation Director, eConsult Health
- Ben Wood – Director of Sales and Operations, Klinik UK (sharing international experience)
- Harry Longman – CEO, AskmyGP
- Guy Boersma – CEO Kent Surrey and Sussex AHSN
The full recording from the event is here.
Mary’s presentation is here.
Mark’s presentation is here.
Harry’s presentation is here.
Ben’s presentation is awaited.
In summarising the presentations, Guy drew out three themes:
- Total triage is really popular with both professional users and with patients, who have moved to online consultation very quickly;
- The main reasons why for patients is almost-instant access to medical expertise and lack of waiting/travelling, and for clinicians, lower cost and improved job satisfaction;
- It really is inclusive – reducing resource usage when dealing with patients online enables doctors to spend more time working with patients who are disadvantaged or disabled.
On Wednesday 29th April we will have a panel of frontline professional staff users (clinician or nurse), patients and carers who will share their experiences of moving to the new system.
You can sign up for the 29th April event here.